At Covenant Presbyterian Church, we provide regular worship opportunities throughout
9:15 am – Bible study
10:30 am – Worship (nursery provided for infants through kindergarten)
– Wee Worship Outside of Worship (WEWOW) for first through third grade
– Worship Outside of Worship (WOW) for fourth grade and up.
11:30 am – Fellowship snack
Two Minute Discipleship
(Christianity on the go to win the game of: growing in Christ, celebrating God’s love, and extending it to others.)
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” Nine words, three seconds to say; adding the reference, Colossians 3:16 = 5 seconds total. We are growing in Christ by letting His word become part of our lives … in 35 seconds per week (that’s saying the verse once every day.) Each week, choose a verse – or the verse given at church – and let the expression of its truth become part of our daily lives. These verses will guide us towards success (Proverbs 3:5-6). We also remember Jesus’ words: “Whoever has my word and keeps it, loves me and will be loved by my Father.”
- Celebrating God’s Love
- Saying “Thank you God for this good food” (2 seconds) at meals.
- Spontaneously celebrating something that we see God has made. “Wow, God, that’s absolutely amazing!” (5 seconds)
- Singing a song to God — in the shower! (OK, you’re really good! Are you taking requests?)
- Giving a Thank Offering on Sunday morning (check out Psalm 107)
- Extending God’s Love to Others
- Each week: save two minutes of what you make per hour, and give it to the poor.
- Give compliments and encouragement that help others grow and feel good @ themselves.
- In the natural flow of conversation …
- share how what you are doing is shaped by your faith (1 or 2 sentences).
- share the wisdom of Scripture (“A wise man once said ‘….’ His name was Jesus.)
- With the interested: share, in small steps, how to grow towards God and faith.
In all these things, that can be done in two minutes or less, we believe the good news: small changes put together the pieces of our lives (2 Corinthians 3:18).