December – Together
- Worship – Sundays at 10:30
- Small Groups (Grief; Bible Study)
- Christmas Eve Service
- Christmas Day Service with Communion
Two Minute Discipleship – Individually
Christianity on the go to win the game of “growing in Christ, celebrating God’s love, and extending it to others.”
- Growing in Christ
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” Nine words, three seconds to say; adding the reference, Colossians 3:16 = 5 seconds total. We are growing in Christ by letting His word become part of our lives … in 35 seconds per week (that’s saying the verse once every day.)
- Each week, choose a verse – or the verse given at church – and let the expression of its truth become part of our daily lives. These verses will guide us towards success (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- We also remember Jesus’ words: “Whoever has my word and keeps it, loves me and will be loved by my Father.”
- Celebrating God’s Love
- Saying “Thank you God for this good food” (2 seconds) at meals.
- Spontaneously celebrating something that we see God has made. “Wow, God, that’s absolutely amazing!” (5 seconds)
- Singing a song to God — in the shower! (OK, you’re really good! Are you taking requests?)
- Giving a Thank Offering on Sunday morning (check out Psalm 107)
- Extending God’s Love to Others
- Each week: save two minutes of what you make per hour, and give it to the poor.
- Give compliments and encouragement that help others grow and feel good @ themselves.
- In the natural flow of conversation:
- share how what you are doing is shaped by your faith (1 or 2 sentences).
- share the wisdom of Scripture (A wise man once said “…” His name was Jesus.)
- With the interested: share, in small steps, how to grow towards God and faith.
In all these things, that can be done in two minutes or less, we believe the good news: small changes put together the pieces of our lives (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Invitation to take the Spiritual Gifts Inventory
To each one of us has been given at least one gift by the Holy Spirit to build up the body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:7). We invite you to take the Spiritual Gifts inventory at Covenant, and plug into the ministry.
Not ready to take the Inventory? That’s 100% OK. We are delighted that you choose to participate with us!
In all these things, we like to have fun, hold things lightly, and follow the Spirit.